Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 56+ Back in the saddle

So I've been off and on for the past couple of weeks. Bachelor party, new kitten, starcraft 2, taking down wallpaper in the kitchen, you name it - I have an excuse for it. I've been getting to the gym hap-hazardly every so often, but there's no turning back today. I packed my lunch with the extra punch I need to get in a meaningful workout and my gym bag is all ready to go. The only thing I need to do it show up, and the rest will fall into place. Sounds easy enough, right? *Right* says my inner self.

Food update. Because I have been trying to bulk up, I think I told everyone I was eating a 2nd powerbar a day. Yeah... bad move. Original powerbars are not, by any means, a good tasting product compared to what's on the market, they do have more optimal nutritional benefits for my build - more protein. And if you have tastebuds, I highly suggest you look into another product and pay the extra $0.59 per bar for something more flavorful. Luna (for the ladies), Cliff Bars, etc all should do the trick. However, I'm a cheap sonofabitch so I stuck with the $1.00 powerbars, and TWO-A-DAY are killing me, even the better tasting ones are starting to no longer appeal to me. Thankfully the other day I saw a different product for sale that was $1.00/bar. It's a HARVEST POWERBAR. And they are REALLY GOOD! I would put them even above other energy bars on the market. I would have never even tried it had they not been on sale, but I stocked up on 20 of them. So I will eat a regular powerbar in the morning and a harvest one before my workout. Plus I can feel good that nestle is still getting my money, since powerbar was purchased by Nestle back in 1996 or something for 375million dollars. (when will I come up with a product that will sell for 375mil?). And the best part, is the harvest powerbar has basically the same nutritional facts, so still high protein, lower carbs, low fat.

Okay I need to work now but, it's a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. I saw powerbars before and seems like they had high sugar contents. And do they have high fructose corn syrup as well?

    ReplyDelete