Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 11: Better'n Eggs

YogaX this morning. Not much to report about. I was inching ever so close to being late for work, so I skipped Tony's 3 minutes of "Ohms" at the end of the workout. I still did Corpse Pose and all that relaxing stuff at the end (heck, I needed it).

So I want to tell everyone about my breakfast. I had to modify my normal 1/2 bagel with peanut butter to something different to get my carbs down below 1 serving per day. The nutrition guide suggests eggs (more specifically egg whites). I don't have the time or patience in the morning to sift yokes, so I bought some cartons of Better'n Eggs.





I bought both the yellow and white kinds. Neither contain yoke, but the yellow kind is fortified with coloring agents and possibly some chemicals for nutrients. Personally, I like the all-white kind best. It cooks better and tastes better. You'll have to draw your own conclusion.

A small carton (like the one pictured above) is about $2.00-$2.50 at the grocery store. It takes a bit longer to cook than a bagel and you have to clean the pan every night, but it seems to be doing the trick. 1 carton is good enough for 2 breakfasts. And it's really easy to mix in packaged sliced mushrooms, diced green peppers, and on the weekends; some cut up bacon.

For anyone intersted in buying this product: I reccommend it. The full nutrition label is to the right:

No comments:

Post a Comment