Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 18: Red-CrossX

Well, yesterday I was a bit fried. I don't know why. Towards the end of work, I was hungry, tired, shaky, sleepy, and zoned out. I scarfed down an apple went outside for a brief moment, and I got a bit better. I decided to stay away from the gym after work, no jogging for me.

Today, I will also skip the gym, but for an entirely different reason. I'm scheduled to donate platelets. (For anyone unaware of the process, it's like giving blood except it takes like 2 hours and they stick both arms. They centrifuge the blood and return the red blood cells back via a process called Apheresis. See image below)

*******This isn't me - it was just a generic picture I found online of a guy giving platelets********

They suggest 24hours rest before any heavy lifting - and I have legs & back the morning after. It'll be just over 10hours... We'll see how it goes. I'd hate to think that I'd have to stop giving blood because I'm on a diet/exercise program. That's not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment