Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 52: Sore Throat Remedies Review

"This is P-90-X, it ain't some silly little class..." -Tony Horton- Legs&Back

So, what do we have here? I told you in the beginning I would review products that help me get through P90X. I haven't done a very good job doing that. In fact I think I can only remember reviewing just a handful of things to date. Well, here comes another - even if it's an odd one:

Chloraseptic vs Halls Sore Throat

Both products work, but they work in very different ways. Chloraseptic contains Phenol and Halls contain Pectin. Not knowing enough about the pharmaceutical properties of these drugs, I can only make an assumption that Phenols are more powerful "pain killers" than Pectin. I'm saying this only because I notice the relief immediately with the spray than from the lozenges. But lets break it down into pros vs cons.

Chloraseptic (spray)
Pros:

Immediate relief
More powerful pain-reduction
Leaves you with a euphoric numbness
Tastes like artificial cherries

cons:
Short lived relief
Sometimes difficult to target the back of throat (end up hitting your tongue)
Difficult to carry around with you (unless you have purse)
Can only be used every few hours (says packaging)

Halls Sore Throat (lozenges)
Pros:

Tastes delicious
Lasts significantly longer than spray
Can be used in public/easy to carry

Cons:
Generates lots of waste (individual wrappers)
Only reduces pain, not eliminate
Coats your tongue a delightful red/pink color

Hopefully, this will all be behind me by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment