Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 2+ Back and Biceps

I've decided to mix things up for round 2. First, I went ahead and changed the layout of my blog, some of you have already noticed. I'll probably play around with some of the gadgets in the near future to provide links either to other blogs I read, or a counter, or current pictures (all of which are from other blogs/people and I want to give you all credit for giving me design ideas).

Second, I have decided to get away from the "Au naturale" approach to P90X. What I mean is I will be introducing a little more chemical-engineering into my second round in hopes to boost my performance through supplemented protein, caffeinated workout drinks, and creatine monohydrate. I guess the idea here is to give these products a try, do they work, which work the best, and which taste the best.

I did a little shopping at vitamin shoppe (a good store for many reasons - especially if you are into organic things) and I purchased:



Designer Whey Protein (chocolate): Regular whey protein for mixing with milk/water. This had the highest servings per container of any whey this size (67 servings) and it wasn't terribly expensive ($19.99)



















Jack3D (lemon flavor): designed to supply caffeine and energy for your workouts. It's like a recovery drink, but supposedly it's the best ($24.99) for 30 servings.



















Creatine Monohydrate (flavorless): This, like the Jack3d, I have never used before. I'm very interested to see how it will work. Dissolve in water, consume daily. ($19.99 for 40 servings)













and a Shaker Cup: Because I will be consuming so many different beverages, I needed something to mix on the go ($7.99 for infinite servings).

I am pretty excited about P90X+ and my new chemicals! But again, this week is going to be odd because I want to start on a Sunday. Plus I need to watch the videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment