Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 24+ BEACH HOUSE WEEKEND!

I got some offline feedback about the whole educational blog thing... turns out people aren't diggin' it. They'd rather hear about my daily boring life and how I screw up and make mistakes. So perhaps I'll hold off on any more learning material for the time being.

In the mean time. I get to tell you about the wonderful thing that happened to me yesterday (I really wish I had some photos). Around 6:00pm, a storm hit my town and the wind/rain was so powerful that limbs were being RIPPED off the trunks of trees. When I say limb, I don't mean branch or twig... I mean LIMB about 1ft in diameter 10 to 20ft long with branches + twigs connected to it, coming down from 30+ feet in the air. I'd estimate some of these limbs weighed as much as 500-600lbs each. And I had 4 large ones in total and countless smaller branches.

Needless to say, I was basically outside from 6:00pm to 10:00pm picking up, sawing, carrying, rolling, dragging, and chopping. Thankfully I have a really nice neighborhood and had many people stop and help, even in the rain, to help me move these things.

Before I started moving stuff, my yard and trees look like a war zone. But now it's like a really organized war zone, with thousands of pounds of wood lined up along my curb (corner lot too). The only available space I have to get to my house is via my driveway - even my mailbox is blocked, it's just that much tree!

So needless to say, I didn't get the full filled afternoon of Starcraft 2 I was hoping for... and was probably one of the worst activities I could have been doing with sore shoulders/upper back. On the bright side, I did get to use a chainsaw for about 1hr. That's pretty uncommon for me.

But from about 3:00pm-onward, I have no time to think about anything else but the BEACH! Headed up for a good 5 day stint up at Wasaga beach. Gonna get rowdy, gonna get hyper, gonna party like crazy. Then reality will sink in and I'll have to stop and come back to work and my post-apocalyptic lawn. Which makes me think - so glad that didn't happen while I was away!

I'll be returning to P90X in 5 days! In the mean time - Congratulations to anyone finishing their respective rounds of P90X this week. I know there are a few of you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment